There are few things I love more than yummy smelling candles, so it's needless to say I was excited to discover a new candle company called Flores Lane that is hand-poured in L.A., made with soy wax, and run by two lovely ladies. I met these girls at the Venice Arts and Fleas a couple months ago and my friend and I bought a couple of candles from them because I fell in love with their "Venice" scent : a subtle blend of sandalwood, musk, and light/fruity notes. It's extremely important to me to support local female entrepreneurs, not to mention they promote a low carbon foot print by offering their customers a 15% discount if you repurpose your jar.
Each candle is named after a different neighborhood in L.A., and includes longitude and latitude coordinates, which is super cool and makes for great gifts for out-of-towners. Current offerings include :
- DTLA: mellow and woodsy with a hint of freshness
- WEHO: a bright blend of orange with a hint of grapefruit (reminds me of the Volcano fragrance which I've been a fan of forever)
- Beverly Hills: a floral combination of lilac, rose, and magnolia
- Silverlake: Fresh with hints of bergamot, jasmine, and mandarin
- Malibu: earthy and rich
- Venice (my favorite-and no it's not because I live in Venice!): a subtle blend of sandalwood, musk, and light/fruity notes
While you can't smell the photos, check out the cute jars and should you want to buy some candles from an awesome up and coming Los Angeles business, you can order at www.shopfloreslane.com . Major perk- they're extremely well priced at just $18 dollars!